Marketing is a journey. To begin with, members of your target market haven’t heard of you. Your job is to create awareness amongst this group of people. The answer is to create a customer timeline.
You receive sales enquiries. Some people don’t buy. Those that do become customers (transaction based). Some of your customers buy regularly from you. A business relationship develops and these people become clients.
Some of your customers and clients (and some of their friends) become advocates. Cherish your advocates, as they are selling for you, without thought of reward.
Some of your customers and clients ‘fall asleep’ (metaphorically speaking) and stop buying from you.
Your job is to wake them up.
Ask for referrals from people who have bought from you.
Use the promotional mix to attract new customers to your business.
Source: The Marketing Compass Manual
If you have any questions about the customer timeline, just ask!
Join us COMPASS membership is FREE!
* Create a profile & promote yourself
* Hyperlink back to your website
* Connect with other members
* Post updates about your marketing
* Join knowledge groups & find answers
* Download our FREE ebook – 101 Customer Attraction Techniques
* Earn money via our affiliate scheme