Facebook is by far the largest social network and on this basis, it is difficult to ignore as a marketing platform. At the time of writing, over two billion people log into Facebook every month. Millennials may be leaving, but older people are joining. About half of FB users say that they are ‘always on Facebook’.
The issues surrounding Facebook marketing include the time it takes to manage a FB account and keeping everything up-to-date.
Here are some FB marketing tips:
* Have a Facebook marketing strategy based on useful, interesting and relevant content
* Create a Facebook page for your enterprise (for free); include your logo and a striking background image
* Cover images need to look professional and your message needs to fit within the space available
* Ensure that you fill in / make use of all of the available sections i.e. Services, Offers and Events
* If you use MailChimp, integrate your MailChimp account with your FB account; this will mean that you can add a MailChimp signup form to your FB company page
* Login every day and check for interactions
* Experiment with text, images, video and audio content
* Experiment with different times of day and days of the week to post content
* Facebook advertising is based on massive amounts of user data; you can target your FB ads using location, gender and interests, for example
* Ask questions and request feedback within your posts, as this can be an effective way of starting conversations with customers
* Install the FB app on your smartphone and enable push notifications
* FB includes comprehensive analytics; choose a few relevant metrics and compare changes on a daily basis