Blog is a contraction of ‘web log’.
A blog is an online journal.
It is chronological, so the most recent entry appears first.
There are many reasons why you should have a blog for your enterprise.
Here are seven of them:
1. Google likes to find blog within a website.
If the search engines notices that something has changed within your website (i.e. that you have uploaded a new blog entry), it makes them happy. Imagine being a crawler and visiting a website that never changes. You would probably think: how boring. You can keep their interest by blogging frequently.
2. Writing makes you think. Talking about your area of expertise is fine. Writing about it is another thing entirely. In order to write something which is worth reading, you really have to think about it, don’t you?
3. Your blog can feed your newsletter. I have lost count of the number of business people who have said to me: “What can I put in my newsletter?” My answer is to use their blog content. This gives you a double benefit: SEO from your blog and happy newsletter subscribers.
4. Regular blogging improves your writing skills. Talk to a novelist. They will tell you that you they write regularly. Writing is a learned skill. You can improve your writing skills by frequent blogging.
5. The more you write, the more you sell. Customers like to read blogs about your products / services. When a customer enters the marketplace, they are looking for information. If you blog on a regular basis and share useful information about what you do, you will be helping your customers.
6. A creative, researched and thought provoking blog can differentiate your enterprise. Anything that you can do to stand out from the crowd is a good thing.
7. A blog can turn into a book. An Amazon Kindle book can be as short as 5000 words. If each blog entry that you write is 250 words, it only takes 20 blog entries and you have your book.
My favourite blog platform is WordPress, which I use for my blog:
Listen to a short description of the benefits of business blogging: