Excess stress in the workplace can put you at risk of job burnout –more often than not, your physical & mental resources are depleted and you may become physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted. We all know that stress impacts on our health and reduced our productivity in what we are able to accomplish in a day.
Massage and Reiki have been shown to decrease muscle tension and promote relaxation not only while a treatment is being given but for a number of hours afterwards.
People receiving Massage and Reiki have reported they feel calmer, more relaxed, and better able to tackle problems which they may face.
As an employer:
As you know for a happy and effective workforce your staff need to feel valued and appreciated. Investing in stress management treatment in a well being programme for your staff can give them a good sense of this.
Reiki treatments at workcan help employees to develop skills to manage stress better, resulting in:
- Improved productivity
- Improved health
- Increased energy
- Improved concentration, focus, and self-confidence
- Better decision-making
- Improved relationship with employers
As an employee:
Use fun and effective stress busters…
- DEAR stands for “drop everything and relax!” – if only just for 30 seconds!
- You can do small things at your desk to help. Be aware of your breathing, small things like intentionally slowing your breathing and breathing into your lower abdomen, not shallow breather (in your chest) can help you get a handle on your stress levels by promoting oxygen to circulate through your body effectively.
- Stretch at your desk, stand up for a minute, take a break!
- Meditate on your break, instead of focusing on and thinking about work even when your on your lunch break, take some time to truly switch off your mind. When you get back to your desk, i’m sure your mind will thank you for the break!
- Get a Massage or Reiki treatment outside of work, it will help you cope when you get back in the office!