Everyone loves referrals, don’t they? Many enterprises seem to rely on them, as their primary source of new business. The key question is, do you ask for referrals at every opportunity? How do you go about asking? Is your ‘referral request’ consistent, or do you say whatever comes to mind?
Why not take a moment now and write down your ‘referral request’.
Do you have a referral marketing system? Do you offer incentives for people who refer business to you? What, exactly, do you offer them? Cash? Discount vouchers? Cinema tickets? Something else?
How do you measure your results? Where do you keep records of the referrals you have received? Is this part of your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system?
Here is a referral marketing checklist:
1. Ask for referrals at every opportunity
2. Make referral marketing part of the ‘way we do things around here’
3. Provide an incentive for referrals
4. Have a clear message (and write this down)
5. Track and measure the referrals you receive
Do share your experiences of giving and receiving referrals with us and we will provide you with some feedback / more ideas to help you in this crucial area.
By the way, do spread the word about The Marketing Compass. We offer a £10 ‘thank you payment’ for every Navigator member who joins, following your recommendation. In addition, we offer a range of incentives on our other services, including NavigatorPlus, website development and marketing consultancy. To find out more, either email email@example.com or call Joanna on 01628 773128.
Join us COMPASS membership is FREE!
* Create a profile & promote yourself
* Hyperlink back to your website
* Connect with other members
* Post updates about your marketing
* Join knowledge groups & find answers
* Download our FREE ebook – 101 Customer Attraction Techniques
* Earn money via our affiliate scheme