Statement of privacy
Your privacy is important to us, therefore The Marketing Compass operates by these principles:
* We will never sell or rent your email address to anyone else. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time.
* If you would like us to delete your account, just ask.
* We do not store financial details (credit or debit card numbers). We do not store details online nor do we pass any information to third parties. Your private information (credit cards etc.) will not be stored on our own servers.
* We collect and process ‘personal data’ as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 in providing The Marketing Compass subscription and services. In particular, we use your Personal Information to better understand your requirements of your membership to The Marketing Compass, and we may occasionally inform you of new features, services and products from The Marketing Compass unless you opt-out of such notices. You can control the use of your data using ‘account settings’.
* All personal data is processed by The Marketing Compass in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Part of our compliance is the registration of the purposes for which we process data with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This is available on the Public Register of Data Controllers at www.ico.gov.uk
* You MUST be 16 years old or over to join The Marketing Compass website and/or attend our events.
* Any sensitive personal data – as defined in the legislation will only be processed with your explicit consent.
* The Marketing Compass has an obligation under the Act to ensure all data processed are correct and current, but we ask that you review and update your personal information.
* By its very nature and purpose, The Marketing Compass website is a medium by which business people seek to learn about effective marketing techniques and make contact with each other. Other members may contact you via The Marketing Compass website, the private messaging system or directly to your e-mail addresses if visible on your profile. All the personal information you enter onto The Marketing Compass site and choose to be displayed, will be viewable by any other member or any casual visitor to the site, including search engines that index the pages of The Marketing Compass website. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for any processing conducted outside the remit of our services.
* During your membership of The Marketing Compass and its registration process, or at any time thereafter, you control which of the data you have provided is visible via the Privacy and Display settings when logged in and by choosing not to provide this information where this information is optional. Links and content about you created by other members, may be indexed and visible outside The Marketing Compass based on their privacy settings.
* Data are only shared with third parties as part of our services and/or if we are required to do so by UK law. All data are subject to the UK Data Protection Act 1998 as this is where collection and storage occurs, although it may be accessed globally. We cannot accept liability for any processing conducted by third parties outside our remit.
None of the above affects your rights of access to any data we hold about you. If you wish to request a copy of these data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org