Thanks for asking this question, Walter. Well done on creating this course and for the official CPD recognition. Here are some ideas for you:
1. I suggest that you create website landing pages aimed at each market segment (i.e. accountants). This is a ‘pull’ marketing strategy. Use long form body copy and run through a checklist of SEO points…[Read more]
Are you aware of Google Passage ranking?
One of the first words on your website is: strategy
I take this to mean business strategy.
This two word keyword phrase has a very large search volume.
So you could include an extra word to create a three word keyword phrase.
This will have a lower search volume.
Any suggestions for a third word?
Yes, understood, Ken. I have the same challenge with ‘marketing’, which is a bit like the word ‘engineering’. Perhaps if you thought about it in another way? How about customers segments and their needs? Don’t think models, components, services etc think about customers and what their problem is. Can you share a single keyword phrase re this?
How often should you write a blog? Here is a realistic answer:
During a time of accelerating change, it is important to be open to new ideas.
Are you doing things that do not work any longer?
Customers are waiting to hear from you.
However, they may not be responding at this time.
Their circumstances will have changed.
So a new approach is called for.
I suggest that you install the Yoast SEO plugin. Go through the setup process and you will be asked if you wish to create a sitemap. Having done this, there is a URL for the sitemap which you can find within Yoast. You can then display this via a Widget placed within the footer area. (Or use the current sitemap URL if you can find this).
I have just checked and I can’t see the logo in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
Perhaps if you cleared your cache and too another look?
I like this page: http://business-compass.com/topics
…however, it is not quite what I had in mind for a Pillar page.
Please take a look at this page, as a…[Read more]
We have experimented with this, Ken. The Marketing Compass has a YouTube channel, that you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQiCm2AxHt3P0U5hedCa7Tw
I think that it is important to stick to a theme and to also optimise each video, in a similar way to optimising a web page.
What sort of topics will you cover?
Hi Margi, I suggest that you rehearse beforehand, as this will be a performance. You can start by running through the content in order to get a feeling for how it flows without any cameras present. You will discover any stumbling blocks.
When it comes to filming, avoid checked clothing and think carefully about the background area behind you.
Thanks for sharing this, Ken. For some reason your logo is not appearing in the top left hand corner of: https://business-compass.com
* There should be a Site map link within the footer area
* What are the top 3 keyword phrases that you would like to be found for?
* Please let me know what the Pillar page URL is
* Create internal links (i.e. within your own website) to the new landing page
* When you do this, ensure that the link text only comprises the keyword phrase
* Write a blog and share this on social media
* Going forwards, mention the landing page within social media posts
* Include an item about your new page within your next email newsletter
- Load More