You can get training, but if more than a few of the following apply to, then you should seriously consider whether management is for you!
- If my team make a mistake – I look for someone to blame
- I think planning is for wimps!
- The best staff to recruit are people who think just like me
- Team members don’t need to know about the business
- I like to check that my staff are doing it the way I would do it
- Job descriptions are unnecessary – people should just do what I tell them
- My team are always taking sick leave
- I don’t like to spend too much time with my team/other people
- I go out of my way to avoid conflict/confrontation
- I don’t like making decisions
- I’ll never change
- Communication isn’t that important
- I prefer to be part of the gang
- I think management is ‘overhead’
- I’m not organised
If you are a business owner and would like impartial marketing advice, you are welcome to join The Marketing Compass.
Join us! Compass membership is FREE!
* Create a profile & promote yourself
* Hyperlink back to your website
* Connect with other members
* Post updates about your marketing
* Join knowledge groups & find answers
* Download our FREE ebook – 101 Customer Attraction Techniques
* Earn £48.50 for each new Navigator member you refer to us via our affiliate scheme