We are often asked about free / low cost ways of attracting more customers. Here is a list of 10 of our favourites:
1. Ensure that your website has a CMS (Content Management System), such as WordPress – as this will give you a strategic advantage. (Regularly updated websites catch Google’s attention).
2. Provide useful, helpful and relevant customer education, via your website. Google will love you and so will your customers.
3. A conceptual understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) will take you a long way up the search engine rankings. Use your knowledge to update the meta data within your website, via your CMS.
4. Use social media on a daily basis. ‘Social’ and ‘Search’ are merging and social media has opened up new ways of promoting your products and services.
5. “The money is in the list.” Increase the size of your email marketing list.
6. Get in front of more people. You can do this, for example, by giving talks.
7. Use the telephone to keep in touch with key customers and prospects.
8. The cost of print has fallen dramatically. It’s a good idea to have something to give to people, when you are out and about (particularly if it contains customer education).
9. There are opportunities to network every day of the week. This can be a great way of finding influencers and customers.
10. Talk to at least one journalist, every week.
As always, you are welcome to ask questions!
If you are a business owner and would like impartial marketing advice, you are welcome to join The Marketing Compass.
Join us! Compass membership is FREE!
* Create a profile & promote yourself
* Hyperlink back to your website
* Connect with other members
* Post updates about your marketing
* Join knowledge groups & find answers
* Download our FREE ebook – 101 Customer Attraction Techniques
* Earn £48.50 for each new Navigator member you refer to us via our affiliate scheme