How to get more newsletter subscribers is a question we are often asked. With the rise of social media, some people say that ’email is dead’. This is not true. At The Marketing Compass, we advise you to build your own opt-in list, one subscriber at a time. If you communicate with your subscribers consistently, you will have a powerful marketing communications tool at your disposal.
You are welcome to ask questions about newsletters, getting more subscribers and related issues within our website. Scroll down to the foot of the blog to find out more about creating a free account.
How to get more newsletter subscribers
1. Use an email marketing system such as MailChimp or Constant Contact.
2. Include a newsletter sign-up box on every page of your website. Ensure that this is in a prominent position. Keep the sign-up form brief, as you will get more subscribers if you ask for less information (i.e. email address, first name, last name). Here is a blog regarding website design ideas for small businesses.
3. Offer a bonus for new subscribers, i.e. a free gift which they will receive automatically, when they subscribe.
4. Include a message about your newsletter (and the bonus!), within your email signature.
5. Ask all of your purchasers to subscribe. This is another reason why service providers should sell small things, such as CDs, e-books, seminar tickets etc.
6. When you talk to customers and contacts on the phone, ask them if they would like to subscribe.
7. Write useful, helpful, interesting, relevant and up-to-date content. Your subscribers will keep reading and a proportion of them will forward your newsletter to their contacts.
If you are a business owner and if you would like further ideas on how to get more clients, you are welcome to join The Marketing Compass – as we are here to help.
Join us! Compass membership is FREE!
* Create a profile & promote yourself
* Hyperlink back to your website
* Connect with other members
* Post updates about your marketing
* Join knowledge groups & find answers
* Download our FREE ebook – 101 Customer Attraction Techniques
* Earn money via our affiliate scheme