Pinterest is an image sharing social network. It enables registered users to create pinboards of images and videos. The pinboards can be used to plan an event, gather ideas, organise your thoughts or show what you do. Pinterest has been gaining popularity and is now used by independent professionals, small businesses and famous brands to reach and influence customers.
You can browse pinboards created by other people, in order to find ideas and inspiration from people with shared interests. In order to join, you will need to request an invite. (It can take a little while for this to come through).
Pinterest is proving popular within the retail, arts and crafts, restaurant, food, travel and style & fashion sectors. Whilst it is true that Pinterest has more of an appeal for B2C (Business to Consumer) marketers, innovative B2B (Business to Business) marketers are using it as well.
Here are some ways in which you could use Pinterest
* Upload images of your product(s) or someone using your service(s)
* Publish ‘How to’ tips and ideas in a visual format (i.e. write a short tip on a
blackboard and photograph it, or create an infographic if you have the time / resources)
* Provide seasonal advice, via diagrams, photographs and images
* Share inspirational proverbs and quotes (because everyone likes these)
Within Pinterest, registered users can repin, like and comment on images.
At the top left of every Pinterest screen is a search bar. Try entering the place you live, a competitor’s name or a product / service and see what comes up.
Are people pinning content from your website?
You can find out by entering the following URL into your website browser: pinterest.com/source/YOURWEBSITE.com
How to make your brand more visual
People ‘buy with their eyes’. If you offer a service, you may feel that there is not much that you could do with Pinterest. So here are some ideas for you:
* Start by pinning your logo (you do have one, don’t you?)
* Upload an image of yourself and include a caption. For example (for a business coach): Ask me questions about business coaching
* Upload images of your collegues, associates etc (if they will let you!)
* Create Mind Maps and diagrams
* Upload relevant clips from Youtube
* Once you have been invited to create a Pinterest account, login in (you can do so via Facebook) and click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the site. This will enable you to add some information about yourself / your business
* Start following some pinboards
* Use large images, write interesting descriptions
* Install the ‘bookmarklet’ (you will receive an email inviting you to do this). It lets you add a pin from any website with just one click.
Here is their website: http://pinterest.com
Follow Nigel on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/nigeltemple
If you have any questions – just ask.
Join us COMPASS membership is FREE!
* Create a profile & promote yourself
* Hyperlink back to your website
* Connect with other members
* Post updates about your marketing
* Join knowledge groups & find answers
* Download our FREE ebook – 101 Customer Attraction Techniques
* Earn money via our affiliate scheme