A screencast is a digital recording of computer screen activity, including audio (i.e. your voice). They are essentially ‘movies’, showing whatever you are displaying on your screen, over a period of time, along with a running commentary.
Screencasts marketing uses:
* Explain how to use your website
* Demonstrate software
* Create a presentation and share it
Sharing a video (i.e. via YouTube) or a slidedeck (i.e. via Slideshare) is fine. However, a screencast is very useful if you want to show a variety of images, screens etc along with a recording of your voice.
An example is www.screenr.com which is a web based screen recorder. There is nothing to install or download – you simply login via their website. You can record on a Mac or a PC. The results play everywhere, including smartphones. Screenr is free to use. Java is required (within your computer) and you can record for up to five minutes. Here is a example: http://www.screenr.com/rV48
Another example is CamStudio. Search for it within: http://download.cnet.com
Here is Wikipedia page, comparing screencast software:
As always, any questions, just ask.
Join us COMPASS membership is FREE!
* Create a profile & promote yourself
* Hyperlink back to your website
* Connect with other members
* Post updates about your marketing
* Join knowledge groups & find answers
* Download our FREE ebook – 101 Customer Attraction Techniques
* Earn money via our affiliate scheme