A brand = a promise. What is your promise to your marketplace?
If your business is ‘just you’ then you are the brand.
Your brand is based on your values. What are your values? Have you thought about them recently? Do your colleagues / associates / customers / suppliers know what they are? Do you have a written list of your values? Do you display them within your website? A member of The Marketing Compass told me recently that a new client selected his company on the basis of their values (as seen on their website).
Successful brands display certain qualities. For example:
* They are clear what they stand for
* They have a marketing strategy, plan and direction
* Their messages are congruent
* They use visual brand identity consistently
* They continually invest in promotional campaigns
* They use a wide promotional mix
* They are creative in their approach
* They stand out from the crowd
* They measure their results and adjust accordingly
Incidentally, your logo, colours and typeface are only part of your brand. Although these elements are the most visible, it is the deeper elements, such as your values, which create a great brand.
How about you? Do you feel that branding is important? Are you building a brand? What steps are you taking to achieve this?
If you have any questions about how to build a brand identity, just ask!
Join us COMPASS membership is FREE!
* Create a profile & promote yourself
* Hyperlink back to your website
* Connect with other members
* Post updates about your marketing
* Join knowledge groups & find answers
* Download our FREE ebook – 101 Customer Attraction Techniques
* Earn money via our affiliate scheme